Saturday

The Gaming Escape

NEW YORK - APRIL 17: XBox 360 video games are ...Image by Getty Images via Daylife


So today, I gave this a lot of thought. What is it about a game that helps to balance an abnormal life like mine? I'm an adult female of advancing years with three kids, one of them special needs and plenty of volunteer work to keep me occupied.

What is it about the game? I've decided it's the escape. When I'm playing the game, I can focus on facts and needs that have nothing to do with my normal life. Nothing whatever.

Oh, that feels good. Beyond that, the decisions I make, what I do in the game doesn't really do much. It takes off so much pressure to make choices that affect nothing. One of these days I may need a Life Escape from my gaming, but, at this moment, it's helping me cope. LOL


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]